Find accounting schools near you
AccountingCareersforDummies.com "Future Accounting Professional" Scholarship Program
Accounting Careers for Dummies is proud to announce our new scholarship for high school seniors, the "Future Accounting Professional" Scholarship Program. The goals of this program are:
- To promote accounting as a career path for young people.
- To encourage aspiring accounting professionals to research and understand career requirements and choices in the field of accounting.
This program currently offers scholarship opportunities to high school seniors in the states of California, Florida, Illinois and Texas - with the goal of expanding to additional states in the coming years. A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to one student in each of the following states: California, Florida, Illinois and Texas.
Scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who:
- Intend to pursue an accounting degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Have a demonstrable record of academic success in high school.
- Have passion and drive for a career in accounting.
- Selection is based on the student’s high school academic performance record combined with a required student application essay.
- Program provides a one-year non-renewable scholarship.
- The application and student essay must be submitted online at www.AccountingCareersforDummies.com.
- A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to qualifying seniors attending high school in the following states: California, Florida, Illinois and Texas for a total of four scholarships.
- Scholarships may be used at any accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Selection is determined by the AccountingCareersforDummies.com staff.
The scholarship is limited to high school seniors in Texas, Illinois, Florida and California who have demonstrated academic success and plan to pursue an accounting degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Applicants must be seniors in high school during the 2011/2012 academic school year who plan to graduate in 2012.
There are two steps to the application process:
Step 1: Applicants must submit a completed scholarship application form online here:
Step 2: Applicants must submit a 500-1000 word original essay on the following topic:
Describe the area of accounting that most interests you and why.
Essays must be submitted along with your completed application. Please include your name and contact e-mail at the top of your essay.
Deadline for applications is May 31, 2012. Scholarship winners will be announced in June 2012 and the scholarships paid in August, 2012.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- AccountingCareersforDummies.com reserves the right to reject any scholarship application for any reason at its sole discretion.
- All essays will be subject to review for plagiarism and/or fraud.
- Essays submitted may be published on AccountingCareersforDummies.com.
- Once submitted, essays become the full property of AccountingCareersforDummies.com.
- AccountingCareersforDummies.com reserves the right to publicly announce/promote scholarship winners on its web site and in related press releases and media outlets.
- Scholarship winners must provide proof of college/school acceptance before scholarship funds will be disbursed.
- Students who submit scholarship applications will not be marketed to by AccountingCareersforDummies.com in any way nor will their names or contact information be sold to third parties.